* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, March 31, 2016

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?‏


Dear Editor,

What happened today in the Supreme Court is indeed a welcome step forward in our arduous trek in the perilous path for years.

Although the LIC Appeals were ordered to be tagged and posted for Final Hearing almost two years ago, (in April 2014 to be precise), it is only now we seem to be inching forward towards the long awaited destination.

Having seen the system from close quarters, I am still not totally rid of my skepticism. I mentioned in my Post earlier in the day that all camps are happy except perhaps, LIC.

I owe a clarification for my charge. LIC's move to hire the services of Solicitor General of India was not a routine decision just to argue its Appeals. It needed a Counsel of such a stature to bail it out from all the mean methods it has been following to ill treat its Pensioners. Please don't get me wrong for using such strong language in support of my accusation. LIC's antipathy for its Pensioners is evident from a number of its omissions and commissions. 

They may be listed out as 

1) taking no steps to implement HC judgements although stay was expressly rejected, 
2) deliberately defying Court Orders 
3) Misleading Courts of Law 
4) making false statements even in sworn affidavits and more.
In the above background when LIC cannot afford to have its Appeals argued by anybody other than SGI, its fate tomorrow when our Appeals are taken up, is linked to SGI's availability. I am eager to watch what happens tomorrow, in that respect.
CAUTIOUS OPTIMISM is what I personally follow and prescribe for all.

More today on Final Hearing proper.

Sreenivasa Murty M
Camp: New Delhi