* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, June 01, 2013

SHRI GN SRIDHARAN WRITES -


I appreciate the humorous cartoon, in your blog, while posting the recent order of Jaipur H.C. After reading the order, I have an obligation to write as below in the interest of our pensioners.
I do not claim to be a legal luminary nor do I have any sycophant to hail me as such. I however state in all humility that I have been a fairly successful Lawyer with a standing of 23 years in Madras H.C. My experience, however little it might have been, made me always feel that ‘contempt’ proceedings have been unduly prolonged and multiplied to the detriment of our pensioners.  I have expressed this view, not once or twice but very often in writing as well as my deliberations in pensioners’ forums.  True, many were not comfortable with my opinion. Courts do not punish by imposing fine or  committing the  alleged contemnors to civil prison unless blatant violation of the court order or a complete disregard for the same is proved by the complainant.  It is time that our friends learn this truth. 
It has indeed been a sad scenario that a section of people who retired at higher levels after availing successive wage revisions of 1997, 2002 & 2007 are not kind to their own senior colleagues who are drawing one-half or one-third person.  Are they not hit badly on multiple counts? Is it not harsh when they are already octogenarians or near about to reach? Do the Pre-97 retirees not deserve a benevolent consideration? Only yesterday, I saw a letter from the combined forum of bank retirees clearly expressing that the DA disparity must be dealt with on top priority in their negotiations. Why then only our folks take a different stand? When our Federation collectively urged me to take up and tackle the DR disparity on priority basis, various steps taken by me were subjected to bitter criticism and uncharitable remarks made which I would not like to quote.  

To read more, please click below.


It is known fact that a few people who pose themselves as champions, and parade as legal experts never did contribute to officers’ cause, while they were in service presumably for the reason that their own career prospects might be jeopardised. To the contrary, that I was only breathing officers’ interest is a known fact, and I faced all wraths. Why the unbecoming remarks against me by the team of a few, for all that I did to the Officers’ community for a quarter century!
A few are repeatedly doling out their ‘expert’ view that once SLPs are dismissed, everybody will get everything.  As a result, poor pensioners were led to believe that their ongoing litigation alone will redeem them of all their ills including point to point revision of basic pension based on each successive wage revision.  Revision is important but whether the court proceedings alone will fetch the results is a matter for deep consideration. Hopes however had been generated enormously by assiduous propaganda.
I would like to recall what I read about the Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler and his Chief Propaganda man  peter Goebbels. The duo  firmly believed in the tactical theory:  "If you tell a lie long  enough and loud enough, people will eventually start believing ".  This maxim was religiously followed in spreading fears on Nazi advances and winning battles during the World War.  Churchill coolly said “Let  them  win the battles but the war is not won”. Rest is the history known to the world.
PENSIONERS ARE DEPRESSED AND WORRIED...
MANY ARE DEPARTING; ATLEAST AWAKEN NOW...
  • I can assure that I have no personal animosity or rancour against anyone though I have at times commented on the policies followed by others and such comments were based on my sincere assessment of the situation, which, as I believed, was necessary in the common interest of pensioners as a whole and the starving section of the pensioners, and it was my democratic duty also to express dissenting views but believe me that I had not made hurting remarks against anyone personally.  On the contrary I was at the receiving end.
  • Past is past. I believe in the dictum that unpleasant past deserves to be buried. Even now, it is not too late for all organisations representing retired workforce joining hands and chalking out a practical approach on our issues.  I tried such a forging in 2010 but that was aborted.  On my part, I am ready to renew the attempt.  In fact I have made a little start towards the same.  Let us all pray for success in all actions taken by anyone in the interest of pensioners.  I am as eager as anyone else to move forward towards what are achievable