* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Chalking out practical approaches... and working together.... is sure way to SUCCESS !



SHRI GN SRIDHARAN writes -
  • "I can assure that I have no personal animosity or rancour against anyone though I have at times commented on the policies followed by others and such comments were based on my sincere assessment of the situation, which, as I believed, was necessary in the common interest of pensioners as a whole and the starving section of the pensioners, and it was my democratic duty also to express dissenting views but believe me that I had not made hurting remarks against anyone personally. On the contrary I was at the receiving end.
  • "Past is past. I believe in the dictum that unpleasant past deserves to be buried. Even now, it is not too late for all organisations representing retired workforce joining hands and chalking out a practical approach on our issues. (Emphasis supplied --- PR) I tried such a forging in 2010 but that was aborted. On my part, I am ready to renew the attempt. In fact I have made a little start towards the same. Let us all pray for success in all actions taken by anyone in the interest of pensioners. I am as eager as anyone else to move forward towards what are achievable."  

WHAT others say -

"My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” --- Indira Gandhi

“It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit” --- Harry S Truman

Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success. --- Henry Ford


WORKING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS.

This might better illustrate the principle:-

It was sunrise. A troop of Boy Scouts gathered for their annual hike in the woods. They began the 15-mile trek through some of the most scenic grounds in the country. About mid-morning, the Scouts came across an abandoned section of railroad track. Each, in turn, tried to walk the narrow rails, but after a few unsteady steps, each lost his balance and tumbled off.

Two of the Scouts, after watching one another fall off the iron rail, bet the rest of the troop that they could both walk the entire length of the track without falling off even once.

The other boys laughed and said, “No way!” 

                             Challenged to make good on their boast,
                                                                    the two boys jumped up on opposite rails,
                                                                               reached out and held hands to balance each other,
                                                                and steadily walked the entire section of track without falling!