* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Friday, April 05, 2013

Concluding article - IS IT TRUE ?

Well meaning gentlemen and well wishers of 'LIC PENSIONERS CALICUTcontacted me to know facts about the claim of 100% claim settlement in LIC.  

I told them, I could have done this discussion in Facebook where I found this news item.  But I could not do so. 'LIC PENSIONERS CALICUT' is a safe media where outsiders do not interfere.  Hence the discussion is done here.

I also told them, I am a person who often boasts of having done or initiated certain activities in the Corporation.  I believe a number of SDMs/ZMs/EDs and atleast three persons who headed the Corporation as Chairmen stood by me and encouraged. That was of course an attempt to light a little lamp in my own humble and simple way in the Corporation.

Click on 'Read more' below.


Even a person like me, who toiled and attempted to solve problems often with method changes or reorganising the work itself in different departments, was startled to see cheques being drawn and kept ready to release when claim requirements were received.  

It was real work those days when I accomplished the task of achieving 100% claim settlement. But the scene has changed since.  I still remember a lady who visited my Branch Office with Policy document, discharge form and an authorisation letter to make the payment in her favour. (Only the other day, I could get Policyholders address. By the time I reached his house, he had left for Mumbai by air en route to Kuwait. Contacted his brother in Mumbai over phone, asked him to get a discharge form from a Mumbai Branch office and obtain policyholder's signature and send the same to his wife at Calicut.) As soon his wife received the form duly signed, she brought it to the Branch Office along with Policy document and the necessary authorisation letter for arranging payment.  Those were days when we enjoyed the thrill of making a claim payment.

But people now seem to have invented and reinvented ways and methods and they were able to do the difficult work of making a claim payment without discharge forms and policy documents.  This is precisely the reason why the veracity of claim settlement percentage was questioned.  Whatever is written is based on personal knowledge and experience.  

Let us however close the correspondence on this subject here.

* PG *