* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I CANNOT MAKE A RETREAT... I PROMISE.


My well meaning friends and well wishers have been telling me of late to toe a particular line in my editorial policy.  But it has been my endeavour throughout to make this humble venture a meeting place for all LIC pensioners regardless of their pensioner associations.  Let us differ in our approach.  But when we do so, let us say our arguments, bold and clear, to the rest of our brethren.  Having divergent views is not a crime.  There are no traitors.  There are no enemies.  Our welfare is our responsibility.

It was a long way indeed for me to reach the present publication LIC PENSIONERS CALICUT.  I published my first magazine when I was only 15 or 16 years old and a High School student then. When the School published its official magazine, I published my own which was a better one by any standard. One of the contributors to this magazine later became a MLA and General Secretary of KPCC and another, a well known short story writer.  I remember, my teachers collected the magazine from me and lauded my efforts and appreciated the earnest endeavour.

When 'OIC' was established in LIC, I introduced a number of improvement schemes in Kozhikode Divisional Office.  Some of the details of these efforts have been already published.  More posts will be published under the head "MY LIC DAYS - my life and struggles".

I was a freelance journalist and my first article entitled "All about mortgages" was published by 'Yogakshema' sometime in 1987 or so.  I have edited magazines 'Clarion', 'Between Us' (for LIC) and 'Initiative'. The reason for publishing 'Initiative" was that those who funded the venture wanted  I should not publish an article written by a prominent gentleman.  Later I published this article in 'Initiative' without anybody's interference. 


Coming to court and court cases, I personally appeared in a court and argued a case against wage recovery for participation in Dharna in 1977.  Even a person like me about whom Yogakshema has published details of my work was denied promotion as AO.  I didn't represent in the usual way to LIC but I responded in my own style to this by filing a writ petition in Kerala High Court which was withdrawn at the instance of RM(P&IR) who transferred me to a place of my choice after my promotion.

And coming to LIC PENSIONERS CALICUT, my own Pensioners Association of which I am an Executive Committee member wanted me to publish materials of the Association only.  I mildly reacted and added three words "An Independent Initiative" to the blog....

This is my life...  These are my struggles....  LIC PENSIONERS CALICUT will continue to carry all materials, news and views of all Pensioner Associations.  That's the policy. This policy holds good now and will continue to guide me at all times....I promise.

EDITOR,  'LIC PENSIONERS CALICUT'