* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Monday, April 28, 2014

EARNING FOR PEACE OF MIND

'Facebook Stories'


Once a fisherman was sitting idle near seashore, under the shadow of a tree. A businessman passing by approached the fisherman and enquired why he was sitting there idle and not working. Fisherman replied, he had caught enough fish for the day.


Hearing this businessman got angry: "Why don’t you catch more fish and not sit idle wasting your time" ?
Fisherman asked: "What would I do by catching more fish?"

Businessman:"You could catch more fish, sell them and earn more money, could buy a bigger boat!".
Fisherman:
"What would I do then?"


"You could go fishing in deep waters, catch more fish and earn more money".
"What would I do then?"


"You could buy more boats and employ more men to work for you, earn more money".
"What would I do then?"

"You could become a rich businessman like me".
"What would I do then?"

"You could then enjoy life peacefully".
"Enjoying life peacefully?" 
Fisherman said: "Isn’t what I am doing right now? 
I have peace of mind. I am enjoying life!"


Moral – You don’t need to wait for tomorrow to be 
happy and enjoy life. You don’t even 
need to be rich to enjoy life. 
LIFE is right here at this moment, enjoy it fully.

"Richness consists not in extent of  possessions 
but in the fewness of one's wants”.