OUR CASES BEFORE THE DELHII HIGH COURT -
A STATUS (QUO) REPORT
(on the eve of my two-day visit to Delhi on 4th & 5th July 2016)
Dear LIC Pensioner Friends,
Since the time of my last update, there seem to no worthwhile developments to report about our cases before the Delhi High Court. Hence it’s a virtual STATUSQUO report. To summarize:
1) LIC is yet to file its Counter Affidavit in our WP No 4894 of 2016, for which the three weeks’ time given by the Bench on 1 June 2016, ended on 21st.
2) There is no news as of now, on the Affidavit to be filed by LIC, as directed by the Supreme Court, regarding the compliance of the Order to pay 40% as per Para 3A as IR. We all know that there is a lot for LIC to explain on that front.
3) Possibly because the HC is on vacation and the Registry also remains closed, the Amended Applications claimed as filed some petitioners (and planned to be filed by others) have not yet come to light. Some progress in that direction is possible from tomorrow the 4th when the Registry starts functioning and from 7th when the H C starts working.
4) On 12th July, the date on which our cases are all directed to be listed, we can expect some hectic activity before the Bench of Justice Mr. Sanjiv Khanna (by the way he is not sitting with Justice Najmi Waziri, the other Judge is Ms Justice Sunita Gupta), in Court No 5, because all our Petitioners have different tales to tell the Court and LIC would have its own.
5) We can on 12th July get to know the likely trend of how our matters move, who is in a hurry for Justice and who is up to what as a strategy.
6) Hyderabad Association is fully geared up to focus on its Mission - Justice for ALL LIC PENSIONERS, and shall not get distracted by what others do or don’t.