DEAR ALL LIC PENSIONERS FRIENDS,
What I heard over phone from Sri BSVerma, Sri DDGupta & finally from Sri RKSingh, I make mention:
- i) Pension Upgradation is agreed to the extent of 40 % of latest Wage agreement as at 1/8/2012
- ii) This is applicable to all Pensioners
- iii) As 1/8/2012--31/7/2017 is taken as benchmark, DR is also approved, same as it will be for employees for 1/8/2012 wage agreement
- iv) He informed me that LIC has to release the arrears in 6 weeks time , may be 31/5/2016
- v) When I specifically asked him what is the effective date, he said, obviously from the date of retirement
- vi) When he said legal points alone are being referred to Delhi HC & SC has directed Delhi HC to constitute 2-Judge Bench within a month & must complete the hearing on those law issues within 3 months thereafter
- vii) I conveyed why SC Bench must be restrictive to 40% of 1/8/2012 wage formula,he said that now this has come into being, if any issues are left out, when SC reopens after vacation, we can take up, no harm.
- viii) I had no time to ask him, whether we could not prevent a reference back to Delhi HC on law points & as Apex Court itself,they could have heard further arguments. Of course, I did ask him SC Bench cld have graciously ordered in principle full pension upgradation, as Hon Dipak Misra himself in his Judgement dt 1/7/2015 for Rajasthan teachers etc granted full pension revision, characterising 6 grades below getting higher pension as 'hostile discrimination '
- ix) We have to get a fuller version including Sri Nidish Guptas arguments to confirm above with or without modifications,from Sri KMLAsthana, as some say Appendix IV is also included in reference to Delhi HC.This looks funny as ALL the 3 HCs basically & fully concurred with Full DR & pension upgradation by Hon SJ Bhandari & upheld by DB Jaipur HC too greetings, a wonderful day, tremendous progress, unity still needed in full,150/160 minutes Case 101 on, Order dictation from 1250 or so to 1 PM , again after lunch for quite some time. Must be 3.4 pages or more.