* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Today in Supreme Court


Dear Editor, 

In continuation of my brief mail you had already Uploaded in the PC, I have something important to report. 

I spent some time outside the Court, with Mr Jay Savla, the Counsel for our Chandigarh Petitioners (he too loudly joined the chorus in disputing LIC claim on Interim payment) after the cases were adjourned.

We were quietly reviewing on what happened today and what is in store for us on 17th. He was happy that this time the adjournment is just for one week and it is because Judge felt that this is getting delayed unduly and appreciated his (Mr Savla's) submission that the Petitioners are dying.

Mr Savla added that the Judge mentioned that this is all about Sec 48 as he sees it and he would close it next time one way or other. As I failed to follow the total proceedings though I was very much there, I exclaimed to Mr JS ' is it so? Did he say that? JS said 'yes, he did'. I left it there.

I wish to alert all. Sooner than later, we have to face LIC's and Government's strongest ground of attack - Sec 48 is there and all are bound by it.

Rest is known to all our enlightened Pensioners. This needs a closer debate. As far as I know Delhi is with LIC on this limited point and Jaipur is bent upon challenging it.

More later from my side. Have to board my flight back to Hyderabad


M Sreenivasa Murty
Camp: Delhi