The Executive Director (E&OS),
Re: Mediclaim related issues
Please find herewith enclosed the copy of a letter written by an aggrieved pensioner of Meerut Dn.
In fact the problem of Meerut Dn is the representative case encompassing the whole of country. We request you to bestow your personal attention in the matter in respect of the following issues involved in the scheme.
1) The mediclaim data master in each Division is not pucca with so many discrepancies. We get a lot of complaints from Divisions especially Meerut Dn where the situation is the worst as depicted in the enclosed letter. Till now master is not purified and during availing cashless and claims, members face a real difficulty.
2) Proper in time communication to pensioners is not being done in many a Divisions.
3) ID cards for cashless are yet to be issued in many offices.
4) Despite MOU with New India, claim settlement is delayed even beyond 3 months where cashless not availed due to many problems involved in the implementation of cashless.
5) The staff dealing with pensioners has to be empathetic, caring and helpful. This needs no explanation.
6) Many pensioners go out of the scheme on the ground that premium payment was not done in time. There are thousands of such cases and we request you to issue general instructions to all Divisions to include such left out cases on representation by the aggrieved.
7) Now that monthly recovery of premium is approved by you, the problem is obviated. But Divisions have to ensure that monthly recovery is ensured properly in respect of all retirees where communication is a bottle neck.
We urge upon you to issue proper instructions to all the offices in this regard and oblige.