* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Friday, March 04, 2016

AS Ramanathan



Dear Pensioner friends,

I have been writing and speaking in the Retired 

LIC Class I Officers Association meetings at

Chennai. Some of our retired Chairmen were also 

attending those meetings. Now after shifting to 

Hyderabad also according to the changed circumstances, 

I have been adding legal points for the benefit of 

the pensioners. No doubt I was in touch with 

Shri KML Asthana and I know him very well 

because we were working in Jaipur D.O. I have 

no hesitation in saying that he leads in the pension 

case. I continue to be a life member of the Retd. 

Class I Officers Asscn., of which shri G.N.Sridharan 

is the President. I have been working with him also 

for many years in Madras Zonal office and nobody 

can deny his contribution to the Association

.
I may also mention that from Hyderabad I had contacted Shri MSM also on the phone once, in 2013, as per the wish of another friend from Chennai. I could not contact Shri CHM, as I was told he had gone to US but subsequent to that I am in touch with him regularly through e-mails. From my talk with Shri MSM, I had a feeling he was not actively taking interest in the case, and I wish I am wrong here. It is not as though I am not sharing vital points. Shri MSM himself has acknowledged it. I am aware that he has what all I have written about our case. I have no complaints, if he has his own sources. He may use the material if he thinks it worth.

I have no malice against anyone and my object in projecting my view points are for the benefit of my pensioner brethren and it is my firm belief that vital legal points are not leaked. There were some anxious references as to whether all pensioners will benefit by the court cases. In one or two of by posts to Chronicle, I attempted to clarify by subtle references but I doubt whether I had the writing ability to convey all that I wanted to.

Whatever we may do, it depends on how you are able to convince your counsel on the points and we have to concede the counsels liberty to honour the vakalat given to him. I have to thank the editor of LIC Pensioners Chronicle for allowing his editorial discretion to publish my views.

Thanks to all the readers and I welcome your criticism and appreciation. Good luck to all pensioners.

A.S. RAMANATHAN