Here is a satirical piece in TWO Parts on the Issues of Bank pensioner portrayed by Sri Gopalakrishnan Ramachandran, a pre-1/11/2002 retired Senior Pensioner. I hope this may be of some relevance to the suffering Lic Pensioners also!Perumalmaruthu)
I was just loitering in the park. Sri Krishna appeared smiling. I did not want to lose the opportunity. I asked him what is Maya. He replied giving examples. Maya appears in many forms. "You RETIREES are surrounded by Maya, in one form as mirage, that is 100% DA neutralization. Appears almost settled, but never so far. Another is MYTH, that is your updation of pension, which will never happen." Sullen by His words, I asked him, " OK Lord, please let me which one of the following is true. (Enakku oru unmai therinjakanum)."
1. A tall leader declares in open house that he will not sign bipartite settlement without securing something for RETIREES.
2. Last year there was authentic report that IBA has recommended to government in the matter of 100%DA.
3.Subsequently a top leader of a big union declares to his cadres, govt has cleared the IBA request as recommended.
4. In the record note the pension has been reduced to a welfare measure, meaning if banks suffer loss no provision for allocation under welfare measure.
5. The IBA declares no mandate for negotiating retirees' issues. Whether they had mandate to negotiate on pension related issues earlier in 1993 and 2010?
6. But IBA records that they can consider the 100%DA on humanitarian consideration (even after stating that there is no mandate).
7. Suddenly, in the Thrissur conference it is informed IBA has an agenda for their ensuing committee meeting, among others, for 100%DA. There is a huge applause, as if it is secured.
8. Alas, the IBA informs the CLC on 08/12/2015, the costing exercise has started and it may take 3,4 months "to have a view".
Oh, my Lord, which one of the above is true? How long we will be taken for a ride, please tell.
I pleaded. Sri Krishna smilingly replied:
" You search the answers yourself. I could answer Arjuna's queries very easily. But your question is all the more difficult and the answer lies within you".
Friends, do you have any answer?
(To be continued).