* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, September 24, 2015

My response to Mr G Krishna Prasad‏


COULD YOU MANAGE THAT? - WHY SHOULD I?

Responding to the post of Mr G Krishna Prasad,I am rather amused by his comment that I appear to be happy that a few got only a pittance. He has failed to appreciate that my entire exercise of working out the  rightful dues entitled to by a retired officer   was because I was unhappy that he has lost heavily by not receiving his rightful dues over the last nearly 22 years. My being happy or not is beside the point.Is the retired officer concerned happy or not is the question. I know very well that he is thoroughly disappointed by the amount received by him, that too without any supporting calculations by LIC. I am also sure that he is not alone in this disappointment. All kudos to those who could manage such payments to the recipients!

The real effect of such management will be known when we get information of payment of interim relief to family pensioners which are yet to take place.

Who could manage that or who couldn’t is not the issue. The fact remains that LIC has in the name of paying interim relief in compliance of the Supreme Court order dated 7/5/2015 has paid into the bank accounts of a few pre-August 1997 retired Class I Officers amounts which are far short of those that they are legally entitled to get. If the recipient-pensioners are satisfied and happy with the payments that they received, I have no issue with that. But the fact of  a huge short payment is unalterable.

Where does one-upmanship come in this objective analysis and who is  coming in the way of a united fight? I  also go along with Mr M Sreenivasa Murty, but the answer to this question has to come from elsewhere.

Like Mr Krishna Prasad,I have no aim to provoke anybody with my comments which are based on factual analysis within the available data with me..

Greetings.
C H Mahadevan