* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Is it hocus pocus


Throughout my life I never suffered hypertension and could boast of pristine health even at age 83 and ever since our legal battle started for our just demands from our institution I was telling my better half that a fortune is awaiting us no sooner the ongoing court cases are supposed to be over soon and her legitimate demands will be met. 

But when I received a paltry sum of 17581 as 20 % DA arrears my BP shot up as according to my meticulous calculation in accordance to the pension rules I have to follow, duly checked by a person good in mathematics I have to legitimately get 69948 ( 20 % on 3,49738 ). Human jealousy being a natural trait and I am no exception to it I was telephoning to known pensioners who are identically placed by me in respect of rank, same basic pension etc. and response from one revealed that he got 13431 whereas I got 17581 and my BP dropped to normal.

Am I not better! In another pensioner whom I knew and we worked together whose service and basic salary was less than mine pocketed 40000 and odd and my BP went up. 

This jugglery of figures was rattling my head and I gave up the chase of contacting any more friends for that is going to add more head ache for me. But what I wonder is how these arithmetic could go wrong in an institution glittering with Actuaries and Chartered accountants. It is for the people to judge and find an answer. 

Depressed over all these gimmicks I take solace from Shri Asthana’s advice that it is after all only a payment and not a settlement and so accept it. I hope his conjecture comes true very soon and we live to see that happen and to see that we do not succumb to mortality follow : NO WORRY NO HURRY AND NO CURRY.

R.K.Viswanathan