* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mr KML ASTHANA’s STRATEGY? WHERE DO YOU FIND IT?


Dear Editor, 

You have just re-published KML's report dated 9.5.2015, released by him admittedly before he saw the official copy of Supreme Court's Order dated 7.5.2015. After the order was officially released by the SC, I do not recall having come across any corrected/revised report from him.  Consequently we had to live with the glaring variations between his version and the eventual official version on what exactly happened on the fateful day - May 7. 

You and your readers know that there were others in the Court on that day and if there were contradictions between different reports, credibility of individuals apart, what is finally in the Order, in black & white, matters and is final and binding. My version of what actually happened is also in your archives. It was dated 9 May 2015 and was in considerable detail. 

In the above background, I was somewhat amused when I first read what you re-published and chose to call it KMLA's 'strategy'. On seeing your cartoon later, I got my answer and am at peace with myself.

Mr Mahadevan, as is his wont, took the 'strategy note' seriously at its face value and also took pains to explain to KML, what SC order of 7 May actually meant according to him. I hope after reading KML's latest mail on the subject to the effect that 20% withdrawal is not for payment, Mr Mahdevan would have been sufficiently enlightened as to what is the understanding of KML on the 7th May Order. I wish to close the topic here with an assertion that each of us is entitled to our respective opinions and none is infallible.

For me the developments in Chandigarh are quite promising and naturally my further action plan unfolds after 28th.

In the meantime there are excellent inputs via LIC PC, from Sri SN (a 1992 pensioner) & Sri M V Venugopalan. I am thankful to you and to them. Going to study both the Posts again and will revert with my thoughts later today.    


M.Sreenivasa Murty