* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Previous messageNext messageFull viewBack to messages
I don't know how to describe the latest outbursts (personally against me) of Mr SP Sood and Mr K S Raman (carried in the Chronicle). I think these two gentlemen are either genuinely unaware of the full facts and the background in which I have been airing my views (AND also perhaps NAIVE) OR are deliberately following the cheap strategy of 'offence is the best form of defense'. In either case, I would appeal to them to patiently go through my two detailed posts in the Chronicle on 22nd and 24th May.

Let us stop acting like professional politicians - if you have no case to defend, attack the other side. That is what is happening now.

I have expressed my views, explained my concerns, made my suggestions and raised some simple but significant questions. Instead of meeting the points and examining the suggestions to decide if they are worth being followed, as many more pensioners are also asking, these two three people started attacking me. I can and I will endure for now. I would still ask them to go through my two postings on 22nd and 24th May. Even if they avoid, I don't mind. But one more un-parliamentary epithet or abuse hurled personally against me, I think they will regret for doing so.

If the AIRIEF wants to dismiss my views and defend totally what one man is doing, let it do so, openly. I have no control. But AIRIEF should then be willing to accept the responsibility of the consequences. If it helps the Pensioners - full credit to it. I eat my words back and publicly apologize for intervening (in what some people seem to be treating as their private litigation). If it ends up in irreparable damage to the trusting pensioner community, which includes avoidable and killing delay in getting the relief, AIRIEF leadership will go down in history, either as helpless spectators or willing accomplices to wrong strategies.

At the cost of repetition, I have only been canvassing that each of the Petitioner group (Jaipur, Delhi and Chandigarh) press for Directions from SC to LIC in the 2nd Week of Aug, to "IMPLEMENT" their respective Judgments. Anything more they say, will boomerang and LIC will take advantage. My two Posts in the Chronicle are worth reading once again by Mr Sood and Mr Raman. If they still want to hate me, I can only sympathize with them.

Thanks and regards, 

M. Sreenivasa Murty 
HYDERABAD 500090
+919177737356