* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Monday, January 27, 2014

REPUBLIC DAY THOUGHTS


Republic Day...  I am sure you must be expecting ‘HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY’ etc. Well I am sorry; I just cannot fulfil your wishes.

Let us look at it this way. We remember Jan. 26 only on Jan. 25. Perform various rituals on 26 & then completely forget about it on Jan 27 mornings. Same thing from August 14 to August 16. And ask ourselves with a promise for an honest answer. Are we really INDEPENDENT? Is our country really a REPUBLIC?

And to wish HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY/INDEPENDENT DAY happiness should be there. Are we happy? I am sure if your answer comes from the HEART, it will be NO!

I can say that we were definitely happier during those days before independence – an ordinary man (I WANT SAY ‘AAM AADMI’) had never had the need to pay BRIBE to anybody for his work with any Govt. Semi Govt. Depts. / Officers. (Let us not talk of Business people etc.). TODAY at every step you need to put up (actually not up but under the table) PAPER WEIGHT/S or else your papers will FLY AWAY.

So whom do we blame for this state of affairs? WE MUST BLAME OURSELVES ONLY. Since age 18 till today I have always voted in each & every election. But I just cannot say the same for my own family members leave aside others. As a RULE we feel this is one holiday family must enjoy by going out or we need to take complete rest at home. It is only Zoppadpatti dwellers & such other people who go and vote for the GIFTS recd. Well you get what you deserve. What can you expect from an MLA / MP who has spent LACs to WIN. Once upon a time it used to be that I MUST COLLECT SUFFICIENT TO LAST THE LIFE TIME. Today “DEKHO BHAI BAAT YE HAIN KI MAIN ITNE SARE PAISE KHARCH KIYE HAI TO MERI SAAT PEDHI (7 GENERATIONS) TAK KOI TAKLIF NA HONI CHAHIYE. MEHANGAI ITNI BADH GAYI HAI KE SO DOSO KAROD SE KUTCH NAHI HATA. KAM SE KAM HAZARO KAROD TO HONA HI CHAJIYE”.

I am sure you will agree with me.

And just to please my friends I WISH ALL FRIENDS A HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY WITH A HOPE THAT IN FUTURE WE WILL BE REALLY HAPPY.

Panchamia
 vinayop@yahoo.com