* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, July 27, 2013

FOR YOU HAVE COME OUT WITH YOUR COMMENTS..... THANKS, SAYS NITHIN.

________________nithin_pb@yahoo.in________________


Glad that Shri RK Viswanathan has commented on my article.  In fact I didn’t mean to write a lengthy note on Shri RB Kishore’s article.  I just wanted to make a mention of the article in my column which the Editor is publishing with title “Nithin’s Time For Review”. It so happened that while preparing the comments, it accidently got out of the normal size of brief comments which I used to mention about articles published.  So wisdom dawned on me and I sent the comments to the Editor with title “Between the lines”.

1. I do not know much about Justice Rangarajan but surely Justice VR Krishna Iyer could be mentioned as an authority in arguments before the SC.  My comments in lighter vein were about High Court judges  their judgements and remarks.  The analogy was used about mentioning in SC what HC judges said. Thereby I meant that we should take arguments one step up and quote Judges and judgments at the Supreme Court level.  Or even one further step up to the constituent assembly, national and international concept of pension, etc.  Idea was to request Shri Kishore to strengthen the arguments taking it to a higher plane.

2. “The Supreme Court shall order UOI to frame guidelines to the Government undertaking so that their Boards could undertake decisions without Govt. interference was a de facto power given to LIC when the statutory corporation was born….. the power was usurped….”, writes Shri RK Viswanathan.  This  was something which I had in my mind while writing my notes.  The idea was that we should argue, the government should frame National Policy guidelines for the government undertakings.   

These undertakings will be functioning within their powers if the guidelines are framed and approved by the SC. As long as the guidelines are not disturbed, these undertakings will have  powers and the government cannot interfere. I wanted that we should sell this idea. 

But I am sure, government may not agree for the fear that they will lose the ‘stick’ in their hands and a Government Secretary or Under-Secretary can no longer rule the Corporation. If the point is well delivered and accepted by the SC, atleast the Corporation will be free from a lot of botheration.
To read more, please click below.
3. Well, coming to National Litigation policy, less said the better.  In LIC we too used to speak of our guiding principles.  Once in the late Eightees I think I quoted some such principles while writing a letter to Central Office and the person who must have read the letter might have thrown it to the nearest waste paper basket.  These principles are there.  Beyond that I do not wish to say anything.

To sum up, the whole idea of writing certain comments was to provoke people to come out with their dissenting notes.  Towards that end, all of us have done our humble contributions.  If more and more people come forward and express their views and ideas, my simple and humble intention of having a fruitful discussion will surely yield fruition. 

And my thanks to Shri Viswanathan, for he has come forward with his valued remarks!