* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MANY BANKS BUT ONE VOICE, LIC 'ONE' BUT DIVERGENT VIEWS !




M. ARUNACHALAM, RETD. SDM, CHENNAI

I may not add my view to controversies, confusion, interpretations and indictments, but let me mention a couple of concerns:
  •  Many to one: Banks are many but voice is one for their retirees as a whole. In contrast, LIC is one but views are divergent for its retirees although problems are almost identical.  The two streams, DR and Revision, which should have been complementary, are found to be competing.  As for one like me, the benefit is huge whichever is clinched (hopefully in lifetime) as my retirement dates back to pension notification in 1995.  Convergence of organisations’ efforts is the need of the hour. 
  • Time factor: Can our organisations not tailor a faster approach? Else, we, the pensioners as a whole, run the risk of disadvantageous (deferred) effective date, not to speak of unfortunate exits that are occurring often. This merits ‘out of the box’ thinking, although I believe that (a) the Ministry is going over the issue, and (b) the bank demands will quicken the pace of our legitimate demands being met.  Judicious view by champions is another need of the hour.

I look forward to your blog being catalyst and eye-opener for right vision so that the best is ahead for pensioners. It is nice to see familiar names in your blog, probably my colleagues in early days but not seen for decades, and your blog becomes a virtual platform of reminiscences.
M Arunachala​m (arunachalam.m9@gmail.com)

______________________________________________________ INCIDENTALLY, I had an opportunity to  study for my passing qualifying exam. for Pension Administration in UK when I could go through pension plans of major organisations like Tube (Rail) of London.