* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Friday, December 14, 2012

MG DIWAN






I am making a reference to Shri MG Diwan.  This is not  the only one and the last.  There are several references to be made.

At Calicut it was Shri AR Menon who has helped me.  Shri Menon was never a spokesperson of the conventional group in LIC.  Those following the conventional theory of office working would sanction passenger train fare for travel to Mumbai if original ticket is not produced.(Referred in my Post titled " 'Received' Rs.42/- from LIC of India".)  The bureaucrats at the Southern Zonal Office did exactly the same thing to me.  Do they have an ‘audit’ mind there!




Chairman's offer
Shri MG Diwan, Chairman, LIC, wanted to sanction me a project of my liking.  PS to Chairman Ms. Damania telephoned to the M.S. Department to ascertain from them whether I wanted to do any specific work after returning to Calicut.  If I had any such project in mind, what would be the financial implications.  I was asked to submit the details. (Earlier Shri J. Purushothaman, then Secretary, M.S. Department, Central Office had asked me to join Central Office and work from there.)
But the telephone call from Ms. Damania was received at a totally unexpected moment.  I could never anticipate any such offer from the Central Office although I was visiting CO as per official invitation received from them.

Chairman's offer not utilized.

I had no project in my mind.  And so, I could not immediately reply or spell out details of any project.  Even after returning to Calicut, I could not work out and submit details of any  project .  And our Chairman Shri M.G. Diwan’s offer was never utilized.
 I remember Shri Diwan with gratitude.
_________________
 * I will have more to write about Shri Diwan.