* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My LIC days

G. CHIDAMBAR





1. "Methods" and 2. "Own Your Home Scheme Administration"
 were two books I had published. 
 "Methods" was totally a research work. 


 
            P.G. Gangadharan              
 
 
Here's a book containing more than  250 pages.  It is titled 'Methods'.  It is simply a research work in the area of O. and M.  It was my humble contribution to the organisation.  And it was done entirely at my cost.  I spent several thousands of Rupees for this work.   My family members suffered because I spent  many months in my study for this work. 
 
This book was originally submitted to Shri G. Chidambar who was then Managing Director while he was attending the Annual Conference of the Insurance Institute of India at Panaji, Gao.
 
Later I received an invitation to visit LIC's Central Office in Mumbai.   My suggestion for a new Proposal form was accepted by Central Office during this visit (will be discussed in another post).  At the end, Secretary, MS Department asked me to move to Central Office.  And when I expressed my difficulties to move to Mumbai, he said, "whenever you feel like coming to Mumbai, you just give me a ring!"
 
Shri G. Chidambar did not speak much.  But it was at his instance that I received the invitation to visit Central Office of the Corporation which was an unusual experience for an employee. 


I remember Shri Chidambar with gratitude.
 
 

.