* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, November 17, 2012

My LIC days

G.N. BAJPAI

 
 
                         P.G. Gangadharan                        
 
 
Shri G.N. Bajpai was Executive Director (Publicity) and Editor of  'Yogakshema' when I first met him.  He was Chairman, LIC thereafter.  He was later elevated to the post of  Chairman, SEBI. 
 
Every time I wrote letters to him, I received his prompt replies. I was more comfortable with him through the letters we exchanged.  But when I met him, he did not speak much.  That disappointed me.
 
But I acknowledge I received a lot of encouragement from 'Yogakshema',which is LIC's  prestigious publication.  I am not able to recollect the names of all those persons who were in 'Yogakshema' those days.  I remember Shri M.S. Menon, Dy. Secretary in the Publicity Department.  He was always solidly behind me.  Shri K. Kadiresan was also there.
 
I put this brief note only to disclose one fact - something which has always disturbed my mind.  Shri Bajpai who was Editor, 'Yogakshema' had informed me through a letter Shri M.S. Menon had written to me that he was prepared to come down to Calicut to release the first issue of 'Initiative'.  But I was a little more ambitious and wanted that it should be released by the Chairman himself.  In fact I wanted that it should be released by Shri M.G. Diwan.  But Shri Diwan was not available as he was away on a short visit to the States. 

Shri Bajpai was a noble gentleman and  he promptly arranged the 'Initiative' to be released by Shri Narasimhan, who became LIC Chairman later.

Between the lines you know  the wrong I committed.  I regret.  And deeply so.
 
 .