* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Friday, November 09, 2012


Editorial

Forget you not,
this is our policy!
 

Of late, I have been receiving very encouraging response from LIC pensioners belonging to various parts of the country.  They have really applauded the idea of having an independent online diary covering varying views.

For an year now, I am covering news dear to the pensioners.  Pensioners want it straight from the horse mouth.  They want it fast.  They want it with all vivid details.  And towards this end, I am making serious and sincere efforts.  Slowly but surely we are achieving success in this matter.

You have gone through various pages of this Diary.  And while doing so, you must be convinced that we are covering news in an impartial way.  I am basically a journalist.  I have interviewed prominent management experts in the country.  I have interviewed Prof. Ishwar Dayal.  I have interviewed Shri Diwan when he was Chairman, LIC of India.  In his own handwriting he used to write letters to me in Inland letter cards.  It was an unusual thing for a LIC Chairman to do. 

Then I interviewed Managing Directors, Directors, Zonal Managers, great Union leaders like Shri NM Sundaram and Shri AV Nachane.  I had only one passion while doing so.  It was that I should do my job of bringing together the management and the employees together for bringing about ‘change’ in LIC. 

There was a Chief (Personnel) Shri NN Joshi who told me once, rather complained to me that Shri N.M. Sundaram was not talking to him.  And he wanted that I should meet Shri Sundaram and find out the reason for it.  I went to Chennai and stayed there for a couple of days sleeping on a sofa, braving sultry weather and mosquitoes of the T-Nagar Guest House.  Finally I sent a report to Shri Joshi.  Whether or not such liaison work had any effect at all, the fact remained that I received such assignments those days.  While I met and worked with great management experts and leaders, I had occasion to ignore one Shri MS Natarajan in the far south who boasted, there were a few letters after his name.  Shri Diwan advised me to ignore such insignificant persons and go ahead and added that he himself had faced such problems during his service career in the Corporation.

Having retired from active service, I am continuing my job of doing something useful to my fellow pensioners.  I do belong to one pensioners association.  But I believe, basically I am a journalist and I am duty-bound to cover all views of all persons irrespective of the unions to which they might belong for the time being.

I assure you, this is my policy.   

 
 
Editor