* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, November 22, 2012

D.S. NARAIN

                                                                                                                   
Sometimes I have wondered  why do I mention the names of certain dignitaries, persons who held high rank or positions in LIC or outside.  I have a reason to do so.  Reason is simple.   I am making these references for the reason that these posts titled “My LIC days” have an autobiographical touch about the same.  Therefore my mention of certain names in an unfavourable light too in a couple of posts in this blog earlier has been done only to make certain honest statements. 

I had a long association with *Shri B.R. Sethi, Zonal Manager.   But I missed  Shri D.S. Narain.  Shri D.S. Narain was an efficient Manager in charge of Southern Zone.  He was feared, revered and respected. 

Shri Narain's P.A. once telephoned me from Chennai to say that Shri Narain would allot a couple of hours to me when he visited Calicut “next time” – a meeting  that never took place.    I still feel it would have been a meaningful meeting but I missed the opportunity.

* will be covered in a post later.